Need help!

Foghorn76

Hatching
Aug 11, 2023
We have a new flock of 7 hens and one rooster that are 20 weeks old. I have yet to get an egg. My dad got chicks 2 weeks after me and have been getting eggs a couple weeks now. They are kept in a pen but have some room to get their feet dirty. We have them on layer feed for at least a month and give them treats probably weekly. I just can’t figure out why they aren’t laying. Any help would be appreciated.

What breeds do you have? It's still well within the normal range. Most of mine don't lay till 6 months. Yours will lay shortly, I get its very hard to wait even more for that first egg. By the way, you have pullets and a cockerel, not hens and a rooster

What breeds do you have? It's still well within the normal range. Most of mine don't lay till 6 months. Yours will lay shortly, I get its very hard to wait even more for that first egg. By the way, you have pullets and a cockerel, not hens and a rooster
I have a Rhode Island Red, a couple murals, and a couple Orpingtons.

Different breeds lay later or sooner than others. They just hit chicken puberty quicker:D Are they doing a little squat when you pet them or have their combs become bigger and redder lately? Those are signs eggs will come soon. I know the waiting is hard😄

Back
Top Bottom