NEED HELP!!!

beccapenny

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Texas
I have 3 eggs that were supposed to hatch over the weekend. One hatched last night, one didn't move all day so I opened the egg and it was dead never pipped through the internal membrane. I had to help the one last night cuz he couldn't break the shell. How do I keep the last one from dieing. I don't think he made though the membrane

I would try to hatch him. Thats all you can do. Lost lots of my last hatch that were alive in the shell when I went to bed and dead in the morning.

He is still moving this morning and I can hear a tapping sound. Would you still hatch him even though he hasn't piped through the membrane

I have heard of hatchers making a safe hole. I am having no luck finding that in the archives, I hope a hatcher can check in. There is a Call Duck Hatch thread - check in over there - you can get help from hatchers.

I put a small hole in the shell last night and he was still moving. At 11 this morning I made it alil bigger so I could see better. He pipped out of the membrane and was chirping!!!

hugs.gif

Its ok. I made it through it lol. I'm just really gonna have to watch the ones I have that are supposed to hatch this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom