NEED HELP!!!

beccapenny

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Texas
I have 3 eggs that were supposed to hatch over the weekend. One hatched last night, one didn't move all day so I opened the egg and it was dead never pipped through the internal membrane. I had to help the one last night cuz he couldn't break the shell. How do I keep the last one from dieing. I don't think he made though the membrane

barnardflock

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2015
Indiana
I would try to hatch him. Thats all you can do. Lost lots of my last hatch that were alive in the shell when I went to bed and dead in the morning.

beccapenny

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Texas
He is still moving this morning and I can hear a tapping sound. Would you still hatch him even though he hasn't piped through the membrane

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
11 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
I have heard of hatchers making a safe hole. I am having no luck finding that in the archives, I hope a hatcher can check in. There is a Call Duck Hatch thread - check in over there - you can get help from hatchers.

beccapenny

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Texas
I put a small hole in the shell last night and he was still moving. At 11 this morning I made it alil bigger so I could see better. He pipped out of the membrane and was chirping!!!

Amiga

Overrun with Runners
11 Years
Jan 3, 2010
Southern New England
hugs.gif

beccapenny

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
Texas
Its ok. I made it through it lol. I'm just really gonna have to watch the ones I have that are supposed to hatch this weekend.

Top Bottom