Need hugs - my dog got into the coop

Status
Not open for further replies.

K7 Menagerie

Songster
11 Years
May 6, 2008
Bend, OR
My lab mix got into the run this evening. I found one of my girls on the front porch, dying, and one is still missing. The others are safe and well.

I have locked the girls in their coop, and will deal with the damage to the run in the morning. I buried Rosemary next to the coop and built a cairn over the grave. I'm here by myself, just need some e-hugs from my BYC friends tonight.....
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Oh, goodness... I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been there before. My Boxer boy, Nico is a darn brindle terror when it comes to our chickens! Twice, within a week of having the poor things, I've had to rescue one from his mouth!

Many hugs to you, hun! It could've been a lot worse, though.

I am so sorry. I have had the same thing happen. I now know never to have my GSD loose while I am doing anything with the birds. He is in a crate in the house while I am working with them. It is just an extra precaution.

Keep checking for the missing bird. Dogs will kill and leave the body- so she may still be around and just hiding someplace. She'll likely return to the coop at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom