Need hugs - my dog got into the coop

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by K7 Menagerie, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Songster

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    My lab mix got into the run this evening. I found one of my girls on the front porch, dying, and one is still missing. The others are safe and well.

I have locked the girls in their coop, and will deal with the damage to the run in the morning. I buried Rosemary next to the coop and built a cairn over the grave. I'm here by myself, just need some e-hugs from my BYC friends tonight..... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

So sorry to hear that. Glad it wasn't worse. [​IMG]

3. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Oh, goodness... I'm so sorry to hear that! I've been there before. My Boxer boy, Nico is a darn brindle terror when it comes to our chickens! Twice, within a week of having the poor things, I've had to rescue one from his mouth!

Many hugs to you, hun! It could've been a lot worse, though.

4. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Songster

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss! And sorry that you don't have someone there with you to lend a shoulder. ::: Hugs to you ::::

5. chickypoo

chickypoo Songster

Mar 13, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry that happened. Are the other girls okay trauma wise?

6. Aw, I'm sorry. That really stinks. hugs to you!

7. Aww, goodness! I am so sorry! GREAT BIG HUGS!!! :aww [​IMG] So sorry you have to go through this. Hang in there. [​IMG]

8. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Songster

Mar 11, 2008
    I am so sorry. I have had the same thing happen. I now know never to have my GSD loose while I am doing anything with the birds. He is in a crate in the house while I am working with them. It is just an extra precaution.

Keep checking for the missing bird. Dogs will kill and leave the body- so she may still be around and just hiding someplace. She'll likely return to the coop at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: