Need ideas for 4H club name :)

OK....I called the 4H office and they about fell over themselves accepting my proposal...lol.

I have to meet with the 4H coordinator on November 2nd to see what exactly my commitment could be.

She has already asked about mixing bunnies and birds... Not quite sure how I want to handle that. My thought is to get all of the families to attend a mixed meeting and then if there is enough interest, lure one of the bunny families into taking over that part...lol

smile.png

Quote:
Personally, I would keep them all there the whole time. Encourage them to participate in both aspects, but realize that you can cover the same types of topics (for example feed or bedding) and relating the information which is common to both species and also that which is unique to each. If you have a co-leader, you could consider separating during a portion, one taking the rabbit kids, the other the poultry kids.

Sonoran, I think those are great ideas!!! Thank you!!! And Camelot Farms, I think thats the hardest part, taking that first step to get the ball rolling. Ive been tossing around the idea of being a 4H leader for a year now. My kids finally sayed after fair this year "Mom how come you arent a 4H leader and thats all it took to go down and fill out my paper work
smile.png
So you go for it!!! And I wish you all the luck in the world, we're gonna need it, cause we're insane
wink.png
hehe

That is interesting. Our groups are kind of regional and then we have county poultry project leaders and our llama project leader. So we go to our monthly meetings and the projects are extra.

As for mixing birds and rabbits I think that is great. Our fair barn is both and then we share the responsibilities through out the week that fair is going on. The rabbit group and poultry group both set up and tear down and the rabbits are on one side and all birds are on the other. It works.

Good Luck with your group. What did you decide to name it? I was also thinking maybe the kids would like to name the group when they elect officers?

Ok, I sayed I would post what we decided for a 4-H club name and we went with Pipsqueaks Poultry and Rabbit club....but we have thought about changing it to Back Yard Critters 4-H club (get it, BYC 4-H club) wonder if it would be ok to do that???? We could buy some of the business card here and promote the website...I think its a great idea !
big_smile.png
We are havind our first meeting in a couple of weeks and our forst fundraiser and a crafter bazzar in December...woooohooo!

I like the name you picked Pipsqueaks Poultry and Rabbit Club sounds cool im going to join a 4h club with my hen but i dont know anything about it yet or if the peepz have byc accounts but im excited

Back
Top Bottom