Need ideas on how to cook...

Madhouse Pullet

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Mar 18, 2014
California
chuck roast

Got some meat from my mom but, I don't know enough about cooking to know what to do with it. It's super frozen at the moment since being the freezer so, I may use it for dinner sometime this weekend.

I like the crockpot and using the oven but i don't have a lot of skill for complicating recipes or directions.

Any ideas or recommendations?

You can just put it in the crock pot or oven add potatoes and carrots salt pepper and a little water. Let it cook for hours longer in the crock pot than oven. .. until it falls apart. Yummy beef broth potatoes... simple easy

chuck roast is best cooked a long time--a tough meat if not cooked well. Crockpot is best--season it all over with salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder. Chop potatoes and carrots and celery not too small. Add liquid--broth, can of onion soup, water, or even a can of cola, Cook on low 6 hrs or high 4 hrs. add liquid if it gets dry in crockpot

The chuck roast is out thawing. Going to do it in the slowcooker tomorrow morning with potatoes, carrots, and celery. Pretty excited.

What about an arm roast?? Would/could I do the same thing or does it go better with something else?

The chuck roast is out thawing. Going to do it in the slowcooker tomorrow morning with potatoes, carrots, and celery. Pretty excited.

What about an arm roast?? Would/could I do the same thing or does it go better wiiquid in bottom, same as chuck roastth something else?
a better cut of beef roast I do in the oven. First sear or brown all sides in a skillet on top of the stove, then put in roasting pan. salt/pepper and those veggies if you feel like it. Cook for 1 1/2 hrs at 350 until temp in center is 145. Take out to rest for 15 min. before slicing

What about an arm roast?? Would/could I do the same thing or does it go better with something else?
Your mouth will be watering about half way through the cooking... that is when the smell just seems to fill the kitchen. Good luck, the recipes that were suggested are great!
With the broth on the bottom of the slowcooker after everything is cooked, I normally had flour to a portion of the broth to make a gravy.
Update us with pictures too!!

Back
Top Bottom