need ideas please!!!

winginit

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2015

So this is our tractor coop...looking for ideas for the floor...right now I change out pine shavings about once a week...I also use dried grass clippings it smells amazing...also what can I use to give it a good cleaning as far as poop on the walls...any and all input please...first time chicken owner figuring it out as I go

Don't know where you live , but if it doesn't get to cold people use sand and scoop the poop with a cat litter scoop everyday. We use cut straw , used a chainsaw to cut it into three slices .. We have 10 birds and one bale has been good for two months. I sprinkle sand and DE on the poop and rake it around every few days.
Good luck

I thought about sand but because of the coop doors I thought a lot of it would fall out so it wouldn't be very deep...I also thought about mixing sand and DE? If I could use boards to keep it in

Yeah one board across the doorway would keep it in, if I didn't live at the North pole
263a.png
(Actually Canada) I'd try sand but it gets too cold and freezes here. Give it a try you can always change your mind.

Back
Top Bottom