1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need immediate help for head tucking

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Nashonii, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Nashonii

Nashonii Chillin' With My Peeps

I NEED a chicken person in my circle! I have an immediate question. Don't have time to look through the site for a possible solution. I found one of my Silkies trying to tuck her head under her right wing and looking disoriented yesterday. She would even do a front roll. She and three other females spend everyday tucked in the back of their DARK, area being broody. So I'm thinking its a lack of vitimens and activity. My farm and tracter supply people don't know of chicken vitamens, (only chick vitamen suppliments). I need to get out early today and buy something for her, then clean her coop and move those broody girls to an area with more sunlight. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO GIVE HER? WHATS WRONG WITH HER? Please help us!

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

I would try vitamins and probiotics. You can use PolyViSol, don't know if that name is exactly right. It's baby vitamins, get the ones without iron. They didn't carry it , so I got a bird vitamin supplement. Chick vitamin supplements should work fine.

Since I don't actually know what is going on, I am just trying to share what little info I do have.

Best wishes!

3. Nashonii

Nashonii Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you EggSited, got this just before I had to leave before it gets hot. I will look that med up at the store, or get chick vitamens. So hope I can save my few pure Silkies. Your wonderful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by