Need info on Pheasants

RAREROO

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 22, 2009
Alapaha, Ga
Hi everyone

I was thinking I may want to eventually try to get some ringneck phesants, not really really to raise, just to have around our farm. I think I would like to hatch some eggs under a broody chicken hen and let her raise them.

So what I want to know is, if I let the hen hatch and raise them, will they think they are chickens and just stay around the yard and not fly away and become wild. Can they be raised basicly the same way as chickens? with the same feed? I would just like to have a few just to look at mainly,and maybe hatch a few of their eggs with broody hens. What do you think? Any info would be helpful.

I Think If Goergia Fish And Game Catches You It Will Be Ugly. They Are A Non Native Speces......and Ga Has Laws Against Releasing "exotics"

Alot of State accept releasing the ringneck . They have for many years. Ohio raise and release thousand every year.

Check with your State DNR. Here you need a permit for them.

If you let a broody hatch pheasant, make sure they are caged with her untill you are ready to release. They will get lost from the hen.And get chill and die.

They also need a higher protein than chicken like 24%.

Yes they will become wild when released.

Back
Top Bottom