Thanks so much,but I went on that link and I had already talked to both .their rates are very high around 100.00 a chick I cant commit to that not when you can buy new ones for 2.00 sorry to say but true
Only other option is to phone your ag extension office. Many states offer very low cost testing.
Other than that it is a waiting game to see what comes back from other sources. Just remember that many problems have very similar symptoms. So without testing you will never be sure of what it was or if it is something that can cause problems with your flock in the future.
FunnyFarm, I am also from SE WI Twin Lakes, Kenosha Co) with the same problem. I haven't made any calls yet. Have you contacted your county extension office, etc? Just want to know who NOT to call because it's already been done.
I spoke with MMH this am, and they gave me this much info:
Birds hatched the week of March 1st were affected.
They don't know what the problem is.
Treat whole flock with Terramycin for 5-7 days.
Isolate birds with symptoms.
Take a body count when I determine this situation has run its course and advise them if I want a refund or replacement.
They were extremely courteous and accountable for the problem.
No other info is available.
Hope this helps anyone that is facing this same situation
Quote:Kenosha does'nt have one any Ag goes straight to UW ,Thats what I was told when I could'nt find a number and called the county exc. office . I guess I have to wait......................................................