need info please

happie

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
Can anyone tell me why the male chicken is not walking right his feet are out as can be seen in the first picture in the other picture you can see that he doesn't sit right either sometimes sits on the knees he can't stand on a stick it started about 2 weeks ago is that a problem is there something to do for it

i also wanted to know if these are the egg laying chickens they are about 5 months old should i expect anything from them yet or when do they need anything special to eat besides the regular corn veg...
thanks for the info

I would not be surprised if your cockerel is suffering from a vitamin deficiency. In a caged environment such as you show chickens can not forage for items needed to 'balance' their diets. You need to provide a chick grower formula as soon as is possible.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I'm afraid I can't tell you what's wrong with your roo. But repost your question and pics here: Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures. I'm sure someone there will be able to help you. I'm not sure what breeds your chickens are, but if the hens are 5 months old they should start laying within the next few weeks. You can feed them either flock raiser with oystershell offered on the side for extra calcium or layer, which is like flock raiser, but has extra calcium to meet the layers needs. Either way it is important that the hens get a well balanced feed with extra calcium for their egg shells.

Good luck with your roo and Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom