Need info...

ADVaughn

Songster
Aug 21, 2016
Hey...I just recently joined. My town council is considering whether to allow chickens in the city limits. They have opened it up for public comment and I would like your help in developing arguments for why city folk should be allowed to raise backyard chickens. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to BY. If you go to "Forum nav:" and then scroll down - you'll find "Chicken laws and ordinances (and how to change them)" - I think would be your best bet in terms of searching past threads and asking your question there.

Good luck!

CT

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on CTKen's advice. Good luck!

Ok I'll go check out that thread! Assuming it passes my plan was to start out with a couple birds...maybe orpingtons or EEs...to get used to it and then grow from there to whatever Limits the city enacts. Any thoughts?

Ok I'll go check out that thread! Assuming it passes my plan was to start out with a couple birds...maybe orpingtons or EEs...to get used to it and then grow from there to whatever Limits the city enacts. Any thoughts?
Sounds reasonable to me, but I'd suggest getting 3 (and pullets just about to lay). Reason for suggesting 3 is that if one should die or be taken by a predator, you are then left with a lone chicken - they are social animals and thrive as a group.

You would be better posting on your state thread so others near by will rally round in support. Just put state name in search box and it will come up.

Back
Top Bottom