need information on DE and Lime

chica57

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
I'm pretty new here and read little about DE and Lime-Whats exact purpose? Will it harm the chickens and how to use it. THANKS!!!!

Don't know about the lime but I use perma guard DE in my flocks food, coop, and to dust them for mites. It's a great and organic product IMO.

Here's a link with more info. www.earthworkshealth.com I ordered mine directly from the manufacturer in a 50lb bag. Much better value than the small bags.

Hi, there is another post that is running on DE, Dry Stall and Lime...for coops and runs....

I use it to get rid of the flies, and parasites...put it in there water, spread in there coops, runs...etc...some people even give it to there kids!!

Keeps the chickens healthier from worms also...give me a minute to find that post...

OK HERE IT IS...LOTS OF DISCUSSIONS ON ALL MENTIONED ABOVE:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=89079

Last edited:
I bought mine at the grange co-op and it was much more reasonable than having it shipped, I was pleasantly surprised to find that out!

do you know I can NOT find it anywhere near me!!! And a BYCer on here saw this and contacted me, she comes to do volunteer work only 7mins by my house...so she bought me a bag and bringing it this weekend!!! I got so lucky...so I continued to check alittle further out from me....

Her and I are friends now,...so I told her and she put a post in BYC that she can bring it to this area...no shipping!!!! just help with a few bucks for gas. Isnt that awesome!!!

Quote:
Same here. I had to pay for shipping but it was worth it to me to avoid chemicals around my flock. Hopefully I'll find it somewhere near me eventually..

Back
Top Bottom