Need input on home made wall hanging feeder.....Updated with photo of completed project

It looks great. Well thought out.. and constructed.
thumbsup.gif

I love the feeder! With it being open all the time for them to free feed....do you have any problems with rats invading your coop during the winter and getting into the feed?

I love the feeder! With it being open all the time for them to free feed....do you have any problems with rats invading your coop during the winter and getting into the feed?

Don't know yet. This is our first chickens and we just got them in March. I don't think it will be a problem, but something that we will be on the look out for.

THANK you everyone for the compliments. We are quite pleased with it, but credit also needs to go to everyone on here who shares their expertise. The inspiration truly came from the ideas posted on this website.

I'm quite proud of hubby and his abilities!! The chickens all seem to like it also!!!

Love the feeder. I am just getting started myself. I have 8 golden comet chicks that are 4 weeks old. I was wondering if your husband could describe how he built the feeder in a way a novice like me could scale mine to fit. It is the best looking feeder I have seen so far. Thanks for posting and pm me if necessary.

Back
Top Bottom