Need Mandarin Ducks Selling Advice? (Adult and Ducklings)

Climax

Songster
Aug 3, 2020
Southern Utah
I have 3 Adult Mandarin Ducks that I need to sell (1 white drake, 1 white Hen, 1 Normal Drake)
and I have 30+ eggs mandarin eggs that are being brooded currently, and 5 in my incubator that are hatching today.
Some are split to white, some are pure normal, and some are pure white.

So How much do I sell them for?
How old Should I sell them?
Any Other Marketing Advice to sell them?
Any other Advice at all for Mandarin ducks?

HOW MUCH SHOULD I SELL THE FOR:

* Mandarin ducks can be sold as a pair for $200 + you can sell them from any price range, but most are sold around $100 to even $600 as a healthy pair! :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW OLD SHOULD I SELL THEM:

* You should figure out what the law's requirements are in your area for selling poultry. You'll want to know if you want to ship or in-person sell. You an sell them from any age, at least 2 days of age and up.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MARKETING ADVISE / QUESTIONS:

* Do you want a Business or Website?
* Do you have the space, time, money and correct requirements for taking care of them all?
* How are you going to market them?
* Are you adding taxes for birds or your expenses you're paying every day for the birds?
* Are you knowledgeable on what possible outcomes selling birds may give you?
* What happens if your bird dies or get other birds sick?
* Are you doing refunds on money, birds or both?
* What are your requirements you want people to have to purchase one of your birds?
* How will you safely sex them?
* How will you safely package them?
* How many can be bought at a time?
* Are you selling eggs or live birds?
* What does your area allow for selling birds like poultry?
* What happens if someone gets different genders than what they wanted?
* Do you need a licenses, paperwork or legal documents?
* Are you able to take back unwanted birds?
TIPS ON SELLING AND CARING FOR POULTRY:

1. CLICK AND READ ME!
2. CLICK AND READ ME!
3. CLICK AND READ ME!
4. CLICK AND READ ME!
5. CLICK AND READ ME!
6. CLICK AND READ ME!
7. CLICK AND READ ME!
8. CLICK AND READ ME!
9. CLICK AND READ ME!
10. CLICK AND READ ME!

Last edited:
I have 3 Adult Mandarin Ducks that I need to sell (1 white drake, 1 white Hen, 1 Normal Drake)
and I have 30+ eggs mandarin eggs that are being brooded currently, and 5 in my incubator that are hatching today.
Some are split to white, some are pure normal, and some are pure white.

So How much do I sell them for?
How old Should I sell them?
Any Other Marketing Advice to sell them?
Any other Advice at all for Mandarin ducks?
That's great! Are you willing and licensed to ship? White Mandarins can be sold for more, usually you can get at least $250 a pair plus shipping.
Split to white Mandarins I'd sell for $200 or so a pair, and standard Mandarins can usually go for $150. It just depends on the market in your area and how much interest there is. Your adult birds can also be worth more, especially if they're proven breeders. Your young ones you'll want to sell as juveniles in the fall. They're just too fragile when they're young.
If you're shipping, you'll need to make sure you meet all of your state's requirements, and that you package the birds correctly. It's definitely a good capability to have since a lot of your interest in birds will likely not be local. Also, make sure the people you sell them to have adequate housing and are willing to care for them properly. Sometimes people will want to buy one just for fun and keep it in their house or something. As a seller you have the right to refuse these kinds of people, and personally, I would.
I'd post some presale ads and see how much interest there is. Good luck!

HOW MUCH SHOULD I SELL THE FOR:

* Mandarin ducks can be sold as a pair for $200 + you can sell them from any price range, but most are sold around $100 to even $600 as a healthy pair! :)
HOW OLD SHOULD I SELL THEM:

* You should figure out what the law's requirements are in your area for selling poultry. You'll want to know if you want to ship or in-person sell. You an sell them from any age, at least 2 days of age and up.
MARKETING ADVISE / QUESTIONS:

* Do you want a Business or Website?
* Do you have the space, time, money and correct requirements for taking care of them all?
* How are you going to market them?
* Are you adding taxes for birds or your expenses you're paying every day for the birds?
* Are you knowledgeable on what possible outcomes selling birds may give you?
* What happens if your bird dies or get other birds sick?
* Are you doing refunds on money, birds or both?
* What are your requirements you want people to have to purchase one of your birds?
* How will you safely sex them?
* How will you safely package them?
* How many can be bought at a time?
* Are you selling eggs or live birds?
* What does your area allow for selling birds like poultry?
* What happens if someone gets different genders than what they wanted?
* Do you need a licenses, paperwork or legal documents?
* Are you able to take back unwanted birds?
TIPS ON SELLING AND CARING FOR POULTRY:

1. CLICK AND READ ME!
2. CLICK AND READ ME!
3. CLICK AND READ ME!
4. CLICK AND READ ME!
5. CLICK AND READ ME!
6. CLICK AND READ ME!
7. CLICK AND READ ME!
8. CLICK AND READ ME!
9. CLICK AND READ ME!
10. CLICK AND READ ME!
Thank you very much, I'll start looking into that information

That's great! Are you willing and licensed to ship? White Mandarins can be sold for more, usually you can get at least $250 a pair plus shipping.
Split to white Mandarins I'd sell for $200 or so a pair, and standard Mandarins can usually go for $150. It just depends on the market in your area and how much interest there is. Your adult birds can also be worth more, especially if they're proven breeders. Your young ones you'll want to sell as juveniles in the fall. They're just too fragile when they're young.
If you're shipping, you'll need to make sure you meet all of your state's requirements, and that you package the birds correctly. It's definitely a good capability to have since a lot of your interest in birds will likely not be local. Also, make sure the people you sell them to have adequate housing and are willing to care for them properly. Sometimes people will want to buy one just for fun and keep it in their house or something. As a seller you have the right to refuse these kinds of people, and personally, I would.
I'd post some presale ads and see how much interest there is. Good luck!
This was very useful, thank you, also would it be a reasonable thing to attempt to vent sex the ducks, or are mandarins quite fragile/not good to tell by vent sexing?

This was very useful, thank you, also would it be a reasonable thing to attempt to vent sex the ducks, or are mandarins quite fragile/not good to tell by vent sexing?
Glad I could help! They should be pretty easy to vent sex. Have you ever tried it before?
Ducks in general are usually pretty obvious to tell on.

Glad I could help! They should be pretty easy to vent sex. Have you ever tried it before?
Ducks in general are usually pretty obvious to tell on.
I actually have not vent sexed anything before, I have watched videos and understand how it's done, but I'm having trouble finding their vent, They have so much fluff in that area, and when I do get lucky enough to eventually find it they start squirming and I lose it again. So its gonna take a bit of time.

I actually have not vent sexed anything before, I have watched videos and understand how it's done, but I'm having trouble finding their vent, They have so much fluff in that area, and when I do get lucky enough to eventually find it they start squirming and I lose it again. So its gonna take a bit of time.
Wet the fluff down by running their bottoms under a bit on warm water.
Haha! They are squirmy little things.

Back
Top Bottom