Need pics of raccoon proof coop/run latches please!

These are the type of latches that I have on all of my coops/houses/stalls for years. I have had great luck. A raccoon cannot open this latch. Heck, I can barely open the darn thing.
gig.gif

6612_latches.jpg

6612_ace_bolt_latch.jpg

6612_latch1.jpg

Last edited:
I use spring loaded clips like this on the doors to my runs:

32217_014.jpg

One latch at the top of the door and one at the bottom of the door.

Of course, the chickens are locked inside the coop at night, and the coop door is a regular steel door with a handle that locks with a key. I lock the coop door at night and any time we go away from home during the day. I have little padlocks to use in place of the spring loaded clips for the door to the run when we go away during daytime, too.

I have two spring loaded snaps, one at the top and one at the bottom of my coop door. The coop door is contained within the run and I have a padlock on the door to the run. So far nothing racoon, human, or otherwise has gotten in... Or out
smile.png
LOL

I have the same latches as Kuntrygirl, the top pictured one is on the run, the slide bolt latch one is on the coop, both are padlocked, & I have yet to get locked into either coop or run. If the run one does latch, I just reach thru the fencing & unlatch it.

Back
Top Bottom