Need positive thought vibes from my BYC buddies!**New video pg 10**

But...i actually have other news also...
I did call and get my exact genetic results..(i'm a hot mess!..lol)
I'm 45,x (3) and 47,xxx (5)
its a Mosiac Turners Syndrome.
But..a very smart lady on here has been helping me...giving me some ideas to toss around to my doctor..
One being, that turners has a high connection with insulin resistance...
which in turn could have been the reason that i wasnt responding to the IVF meds.(i'm really thinking this could be my problem! ) so....Yesterday i asked the nurse to ask the doc if i could try a IVF cycle on Metformin(sp?) ..*its some type of drug that helps insulin resistant people* and its been proven to help insulin resistant people conceive.
Also..i asked them to not dismiss my eggs so easily...i have found many studies where they say that the 45,x and 47,xxx are NOT inherited..that its just something that happend during the formation of the baby. So i ask again, why wont they use my eggs?? GRrr!
rant.gif

anyways..
This awesome smart BYC lady also sent me a study that says other IVF doctors were able to help women with my exact syndrome with their OWN eggs...they froze them to use in later years because Turners go into early ovarian failure...*which i'm lucky i havent..i'm 36..*
AND this study even said that one woman in their study conceived on her own! So....
I'm going to fight them on this...
I'm going to ask them...
why cant i do a IVF cycle and then you get my eggs and test them...if they are fine..we use them.
I dont think they are going to do it though...they seem to be stuck on me using the donor eggs.
hit.gif
he.gif

I'm waiting to hear back from the doc about all of this....
I'll keep you updated on what she says!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Sounds like you're on the right track. I took Metformin w/ 1st pregnancy and Glucophage w/ 2nd pregnancy in addition to the Clomid.

Great news Redhen! Glad you are taking the proactive approach to your care! Fight with those docs! Keep us posted!
ya.gif

I hate it that in this day and age the patient has to research their own condition and then inform the doctor how to treat them.... I have had to do it so many times it is obscene.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Ahh! Gretch! My sick little puppy!
love.gif
How are you today?

I'm ok... how about you?

I just read your updated stuff and I agree about having to do some research on your own unfortunately... no one cares about you more than you after all. I don't get why they can't use your eggs either... I say use those eggs... sit indian style in front of their desks until they compromise. I did that one time years ago because they wouldn't do a test that I was sure I needed and guess what? The clinics PR person came down and heard my complaint and I got the test and guess what? I did have what I thought I could have and so I finally got treated. yucky ucky staph infection.

woof woof,
your sick little puppy

DO for you what has to be done .
I had to fight my doc. and I won....
oh I still have the same doc.we now understand
each other thats its my body.

Best to you.

Quote:
Ahh! Gretch! My sick little puppy!
love.gif
How are you today?

I'm ok... how about you?

I just read your updated stuff and I agree about having to do some research on your own unfortunately... no one cares about you more than you after all. I don't get why they can't use your eggs either... I say use those eggs... sit indian style in front of their desks until they compromise. I did that one time years ago because they wouldn't do a test that I was sure I needed and guess what? The clinics PR person came down and heard my complaint and I got the test and guess what? I did have what I thought I could have and so I finally got treated. yucky ucky staph infection.

woof woof,
your sick little puppy

hehehe..good idea...I'm gonna do a sit in protest in their office till they give me my way!
lau.gif
Look for me on Fox news...
hit.gif

I also forgot to update... The nurse called back..she said that the doc wants me to do the clomid challenge with-OUT the metformin (that i suggested)
rant.gif
...then we will sit down and talk...
hmm.png

Dosent sound good.
he.gif
We will see...we will see...
fl.gif

The good news is..that people have sent me some VERY good studies about my condition to take to the doc with me when i go back in a couple of weeks. Maybe she'll read them and think about things a bit..
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png
Thanks! I'm also going to my own primary doc this tuesday..i'm going to fast the night before..(just in case) because i want them to test me for the insulin resistence i think i might have. Then when i go back to my IVF doc in a couple of weeks.. i can bring the results with me when i go..
If worse comes to worse..i'll get a 2nd opinion from another IVF doc.(if i can find another clinic! ) ..I'm stubborn..i'm not gonna quit until all my options have run out..
big_smile.png

Redhen,
Im new to BYC, but not to insulin resistance. I encourage you to investagate this more. There is a lot you can do before going do donors or giving up. If they are doing a blood draw hopefully, they are doing a 3 hour glucose challange?? I not, I would ask for one ( and yes it truely does take 3 hours.) It will measure your blood glucose and insulin levels every 30 or 60 minutes. A "normal" insulin to most doctors is 16. However, when you are looking for insulin resistance or prediabetes your insulin should not exceed 7 at 1 hour and 14 at hour 2. Your Glyco A1C (3 month average on blood sugars) should stay under 5 if you are trying to prevent increase in insulin levels. I encourage you to try Metformin first with a combination of Januvia it is catagory C, it has been safely used in pregnancys for this purpose.. Clomid may work,, however you are still insulin resistant. People with this, usually gain weight in the trunk, have irregular menstraul cycles, migrains, and research shows you without the aid of metformin or Januvia in a insulin resistant patient they could be gestationally diabetic, in which case 80% in 10 years will go on to be diabetic. Today Doctors wait until symtoms arrise until they treat them. You can potentially change the course of your health future by with a couple pills and dietary changes ( low carb less than 29 per day, High fiber 25 per day. High Protein 25 per day). There are SEVERAL studies on this. Look them up, JAMA, Family Practice News. I have worked with patients like you for the last seven years. I have seen lots of babies be born and families be changed forever.. I love knowing that I was a part of that. My daughter is also living proof.
I wish you the best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom