Need Positive thoughts- Think I pulled something in my back!! CWC362

cwc362

Crowing
14 Years
Sep 26, 2008
Huntingdon- West Tn
I had back surgery about 10 years ago and since then have to be very careful what I do . Today I was helping push a trailer and got in a bad position and it felt like something pulled. I need you prayers and positive thoughts that it' s only a pulled muscle and temporary. Don't know if I can face another ruptured disc. Well, I ll have to if it is ruptured, but don't WANT to!! Guess I'm posting this so I can a pep talk- LOL
'

Positive thoughts coming your way.
hugs.gif
(hugging but not so hard as to make it worse
hmm.png
)

Crap....does this mean you won't come scrub the caramel off my ceiling!!! LOL sorry, couldn't help it!!!

Positive non-ouchy vibes headed your way! I have a back that NEEDS surgery so I feel your pain. An injured back is NO fun!!!!

Quote:
Sorry CS - no caramel scrubbing for a little while!! Hoping this is only temporary. I'm really sore now . Thanks for the good vibes!!

You are obviously old hat at this since you have had surgery, but one thing I found is when I first feel that pull, take a muscle relaxer (this is the ONLY time I will take one) and lay down on the love seat...my feet are slightly elevated...and DON'T MOVE!!!! I stay there barking out orders to my kids for a few hours and it generally prevents it from getting REALLY bad. The worst I ever had it go out was from bending over to pick up a sock.....I was down for a full week and asking people to shoot me.

So have you taken anything?

My dr. told me 4 ibuprofen every 4 hours for 3-4 days max....that's the same as the pain meds they send home.

Last fall I had a back injury and it was the worst. I don't know if anyone fully recovers...there's just days that are more tolerable.

Prayers for health and healing,
Gretch

I haven't taken anything yet- Right now just sitting in my computer chair . It's pretty comfortable but I may lay down in a little while. I'm out of Tylenol so I may take a couple of my Dau's PMS Tabs. LOL . I'm not big on the pain meds. I've got so many family and friends addicted to pills- I'm really kind of wary, even though I can get a lifetime supply for free. My kids are really good at helping me out when I'm sick or my back acts up. They help , but of course find a way to get on my nerves while they are doing it!! Thanks for the all the posts guys!!

I can relate, I have 2 hernieated disks and my last pain injection is wearing off. Take some ibuprophin, lay down in a position most comfortable to taking the pain away and if you cant control your bowels or bladder get to the emergency room. Take it easy.
fl.gif

and by the way.........should you really have been pushing a trailer
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom