Need prayers, Grammy passed away

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by HeatherLynn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    Gram has been sick for a while. Looked like she was even going to be able to go home with a bit of help. All of a sudden she took a downturn and just 3 days later she died. She went to sleep disoriented in the hospital and just never woke up. We have to get to Massachusets soon. Not sure how I feel about going there and her not being there waiting for us. A bit hard to accept. She was 94 and a wonderful, sweet lady who accepted me like one of her own when my husband married me. She was the only one who did at the time and we owe here the world.

Its been a rough week already. Both cars broke down and the one that can carry all of us is still with the mechanic. We got the call yesterday that we need to be in Massachusets by Thursday. Not sure yet how it will all work out. My mom may have to keep the baby which is tearing me up. I have not been away from her yet and under the circumstances I am not ready to. Praying really hard the mechanic can have us in our van today.

While we wait we are hitting the goodwills looking for suit pants and something reasonable for me to wear cheap. Its amazing the list of things that need to be done and all we both want to do is lay down and cry on each other.

If you can just pray for a bit of help for our van and strength for us and the family.

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Gram sounds like a sweet lady - a good person. Prayers sent your way...

3. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Know that she loved you and she will be watching over your lives. I am sending prayers for you and your family.. [​IMG]

Shelly

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Prayers for you and your family!

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. RoeDylanda

RoeDylanda Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2010
    Central CT
    I'm sorry to hear she passed so suddenly, but grateful that she didn't suffer. Prayers for your family and I wish you a safe and easy trip. [​IMG]

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm sure if you go talk to the mechanic he will have your car ready in time. Circumstances beyond your control... Finger's crossed and strength to you and your family [​IMG]

8. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    No chance the van will be done. We did find a semi resonable rental to fit all of us and I am very thankful for that. We will be heading out tomorrow. This will be the hardest trip to Massachusetts yet. The family invited us to stay at his Grammy's home while we are there. I cannot imagine being there without her there too. Thank you for the prayers.

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

10. chrisf

chrisf Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    [​IMG]:hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by