Need quick recipes

debilorrah

The Great Guru of Yap
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 25, 2008
The Carpal Tunnel Rehab Center
We are in a rut for meals during the week. I need some recipes that use beef. Ground beef, steak, whatever. I appreciate all the help I can get! Quick ones - I usually don't get home until 5:45.....

I'll post my Taco Soup Recipe for you tonight or tomorrow. Basically, brown some hamburger, add kidney beans, fresh or dried onions, stewed tomatoes, canned corn, hot sauce and spices and simmer for 20 minutes - BAM! dinner done. Some corn bread on the side is good or chips.

If you want I can give you guess on quantity and you can make it up since it sounds like you are a no measure type chef like myself. Or wait for recipe whatever you want.

Sandee

crock pot!!!! add a meat add a liquid, add a vegi, make a starch or grain when you get home!

personally I hate this recipe, but the kids and hubby love it so I still make it a couple times a year:

roast - any kind
potatoes
carrotts
onion
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg lipton onion soup

crock pot

put the onions in first, then the carrotts, then the potatoes, then the roast, sprinkle with onion soup,then smear with mush soup. Done when you get home.

add a jar of salsa or BBQ sauce to any cut . . . done when you get home.

Some quick recipes:

French Onion-Pork Chop Skillet
6 boneless pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Pork or Chicken
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chops and onions; cook 5 min.; turn chops, stirring onions and cook another 5 min. until chops are done (160 degrees F). Remove chops and cover with tinfoil. Turn heat to high; cook and stir onions 5 min. or until gold brown.
Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Return chops to skillet arranging onions on top of chops.
Mix stuffing mix and hot water; spoon around edge of skillet and top with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 min. until cheese is melted. Serve.

Honey Steak Oriental – Weight Watchers serves 2

12 oz. boneless sirloin steak
2 t. soy sauce
1 t honey
1 t dry red wine
dash ginger

Combine soy, honey, wine, and ginger. Marinate steaks 30 minutes or more.
Broil 5-7 minutes on each side. Heat marinade to boiling, Slice steak and pour hot marinade over.

Green Chile Enchiladas serves 8
375 for 20-25 min.

1 1/2lbs. lean ground beef
3/4c fine chopped onion
1 TB chili powder
salt and pepper
3 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 1/2c sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small can green chiles, chopped
8 to 12 flour tortillas

Brown ground beef with onion, drain fat. Stir in chili powder, s&p. Spoon meat mixture and some grated cheese on each tortilla. Roll up, put in greased baking dish. Combine soup, sour cream and green chiles, spoon over enchiladas.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, top with more cheese, bake 10 minutes more.

Herbed Chicken Sautéed in Wine

3 lbs. chicken pieces, remove skin and fat
1 t salt
1/4t pepper
1/4c butter
1 onion, minced
1 TB minced chives
1 TB minced parsley
1 t rosemary
1/2c white wine

Wash and dry chicken. Sprinkle with s&p; saute in butter. Add onion and cook gently 10 minutes. Add herbs, stir, add wine and simmer covered 20 minutes.
Remove cover and turn up heat to gently boil and reduce liquid to make a sauce to serve over the chicken.

Santa Fe Soup
2.25 lb. pkg. ground beef, boiled, drained & crumbled packet taco seasoning
28 oz. can petite diced stewed tomatoes, NOT drained 2 T sugar
15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed in small colander 1 ½lb Velvetta cheese (I used the whole 2lbs)
2 cans mild Rotel tomatoes, NOT drained 2 cans whole kernel corn (I used the kind that had the peppers with it), NOT drained
While meat is cooking, dump all the other stuff into crockpot & stir well; add meat & stir again – it will be thick. Start out cooking it on high for 1 hour, then on low for 3-4 more hours. Stir well before serving.

Ooooh, I thought Ken was supposed to be off beef because of his heart problems?

Quote:
Oh dear.... No, his total cholesterol was 72. 72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs all the cholesterol he can get right now. Still lean beef, and more veggies and stuff, but he has to eat beef, nuts, avocados (which he hates), etc. He is actually on meds now to raise his cholesterol. Yes, we do have some weird issues going on with him! His iron was WAY low too, which is why the beef. His bad cholesterol was 18 and his good was 35..... Both are far too low. Weird, right?

He hates avocados? And lives in CA?
th.gif

I'll poke through the recipe box for you. Is there anything on the no-no list?

I just google for recipes. You will find more than you could make in 10 lifetimes. I usually print it out, and if we like it I put it in my binder, if not I toss it.

Back
Top Bottom