Need ramp ideas

TTownChics

Chirping
Mar 22, 2015
My ducks are almost ready to be outside. Can you send me pics of your ramps? We have a big black tub we got at atwoods and we dont want to build a deck. We cant dog down cause of lines.

Thanks for the help!

I just made this for mine, piled up play sand. They have a platform inside of blocks stacked up right to the water level. They scattered right up it when I stopped dumping sand. I think I'll add a bit more.

I used an old book shelf with worn out bath towels stapled to it and ran the entire length. Worked like a champ for them to get some grip. About once a year I replace the towel pieces that are worn or the staples have pulled through. I don't have any pictures of it unfortunately.

Hope this helps,
Troy & Tina

It does! We have pallets we can use. We are going to put a spicket on the bottom to water my veggie bed. I hope they will take to it!

I have stairs to the pond. Mine were brooded on the deck and learned stairs easily - they never quite do well on a ramp.

My husband built a ramp with a deck around our horse trough to make a duck pond that can be drained from the bottom. I know you said you do not want to build a deck but I thought I would share anyway in case the ramp inspires you. He built it with free cedar decking a neighbor was giving away when he tore out his deck.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom