Need recipe for kitchen cleaner solution

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Sunny Side Up, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Does anyone have a recipe for an effective kitchen surface cleaner? I've heard of something that uses white vinegar, lemon juice, & water but don't know the best proportions. I want to get the counters, cupboards, & porcelin surfaces clean without making the kitchen smell like marinade.

Let me know if you also have a recipe for liquid dish soap. I already mix my own powdered laundry detergent and dishwasher soap.

2. obaan1

obaan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Great Lakes State
    1/2 cup Ammonia (sudsy, clear or extra strength)
    2 cups Rubbing alcohol
    1 teaspoon Dishwashing Liquid

In a gallon container, put in the ammonia and rubbing alcohol. Fill almost to the top with water. Add 1 t dishwashing liquid and mix. Top off with water. Use like Windex or any other general purpose spray cleaner. From _Consumer Reports_. Rated to work better (and much cheaper!) than most commercial window and kitchen sprays. Alcohol is the secret ingredient, and what commercial window washers use. Safe on _most_ --but not * all * -- household surfaces.

3. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    I've been using ASW for years.
    Get a spray bottle. Fill 1/10th with Ammonia. Add a squirt of Dawn dishSoap. Fill the rest with Water.

Works on most things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by