Need review of this product.

LizzyRose

Chirping
Jan 8, 2019
Anybody ever use Ware Backyard Charm hutch? Please review. Thanks!
1585661272141.jpeg

Peak height = 40"

Width = 32"

Total length = 87", just over 7 feet.

Coop section - 20" x 30" 24" high.

There is not door to the coop section, remains open.

They say it can house 6 to 8 hens, depending in their size.

Roosts appear to be a couple inches higher than the nests.

Other than the always open door I don't see any ventilation.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/ware-manufacturing-backyard-charm-open-air-hutch
Much of this came from FAQ.

If you live somewhere that you have good weather year around so they can always get outside you should be able to keep two hens in that. Three might work but it could be a little tight.

Everything Ridgerunner said plus...

I've never used that one. Looks cheap, I do not like the design at all for snow/rain, it's not well thought out. 2 birds maximum in my opinion.

I would pass.

I would also pass. Looks cool but not practical as wind/rain would just blow in through those sides. Plus I'm imagining myself having to crawl in to clean it, and that's 100% nope.

Thanks everyone! I think it’s cuteness got me! Any ideas what elderly person with no help could get to house 3 hens in MidWest area winters?

A small wooden shed, tall enough to walk into. Consider a prebuilt one. You'll need to cut in some ventilation and add roosts and nests (you can buy premade nests or use very simple ideas such as milk crates, kitty litter buckets) but that will minimize the work you need to put in as much as possible, while still providing a very safe home for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom