Need Roof Conversion Ideas

Nov 18, 2022
I purchased a metal frame run from Wayfair and I hate the roof. I chose the one that has the flat top (Exhibit A), and water pools on the cover and collapses the roof. I'd like to do a conversion to a peaked roof, but I have no idea where to start. Any ideas??

Flat Roof.jpg
Peak roof.jpg

All you’re doing is adding material underneath the tarp to create pitch, just like raising your leg under your bedsheets would do.

Take a 2x4 lumber (or maybe even a 2x6 for more height) and set it on top of the metal structure, underneath the tarp, so it’s in the tall orientation, fix it in place with zip ties or wire etc so it can’t flop over. As long as the tarp is tight it should work fine, it’s just to assist shedding water. You can do any number of modifications and invest time and effort, but that one is very simple

All you’re doing is adding material underneath the tarp to create pitch, just like raising your leg under your bedsheets would do.

Take a 2x4 lumber (or maybe even a 2x6 for more height) and set it on top of the metal structure, underneath the tarp, so it’s in the tall orientation, fix it in place with zip ties or wire etc so it can’t flop over. As long as the tarp is tight it should work fine, it’s just to assist shedding water. You can do any number of modifications and invest time and effort, but that one is very simple
Oh, right, they could place the 2x4 or 2x6 short side up for more height if the tarp can stretch that far.

Back
Top Bottom