Need some advice for 11 wk old BBW turkeys

TamTurkey,

Do you know why my 9 month old BBW's shiver?

Because they are cold? I have no idea. Now sometimes mine will shake off the shavings and dust but not "shiver".
I am sure Frank or Celie or one of our more seasoned Turkey people can answer that with a bit more input from you.

TamTurkey,

Do you know why my 9 month old BBW's shiver?

Because they are cold? I have no idea. Now sometimes mine will shake off the shavings and dust but not "shiver".
I am sure Frank or Celie or one of our more seasoned Turkey people can answer that with a bit more input from you.

I hope one of the OTs will answer. I was able to close off the window and the opening on the southside. They are now laying underneath a heat lamp. Hopefully that will keep them okay through the next three nights!!

Are all turkeys this sensitive or just the ones that were raised in a small room?

I appreciate the help!

Lisa :)

I hope one of the OTs will answer. I was able to close off the window and the opening on the southside. They are now laying underneath a heat lamp. Hopefully that will keep them okay through the next three nights!!

Are all turkeys this sensitive or just the ones that were raised in a small room?

I appreciate the help!

My turkeys poults and peachicks seemed less hardy than chicks and ducklings. The peachick that I had to tube feed used to try crawling under the covers with me.

O my goodness! You really were the mother hen weren't you!! How is the peachick doing now?

Here's P-Dawg, he's just ove a year old now. The love of my life!
love.gif

Good Morning!

What a beautiful bird. I take it he doesn't try to get under the covers with you anymore???
big_smile.png

My turkeys made it through the night. We got down to 29 degrees. I peeked in this morning and they weren't laying under the heat lamp but on the outside.

We have had it down to 17* or lower and the BBW were all sleeping outside in their raised run. Could be that They have done this from 5 weeks on.. We did loose some this spring when a gfi tripped and their hat lamp was off but they were only 3 days old.

Back
Top Bottom