Need some advice on a friendship issue...

I think you should start a new thread, if only to be respectful to vfem and not hijack her thread, who is obviously having a hard time with this right now. (unless the hijack this is common here and I don't know about it).

I don't think anyone was snippy... we all come across in different lights through typing, the written word does not have as much punch or feeling, or consolement as it once used to. Now one writes in matters that preceeded all the great books!

But with that said, I am not bothered.... it just makes me realize that 'selfishness' is the new fad in friendship maybe? Do what you can for yourself, get what you can out of others... then move on!
hit.gif
I just want to tear my own heart out.

Anyways, I haven't heard a peep from her, but her ex was so kind to set up a play date Friday when he has their daughter so I can come over and bring my daughter who misses her so very much. That will make me feel better.
love.gif

FarmerJamie, if its ever an emotional battle between ladies... stay out of range, comfort, only give advice when asked (then walk on glass), but if it has to do with family funds... oh yeah, speak up! My husband won't hestitate to yell at me when I give food or money to friends or family without involving him. My family costs us an arm and leg to keep a float, and feed (talking my mother, father, sister and nephews) and he wants to lose it when I go grocery shopping and buy stuff for friends. Especially when I'm always short on the bills every month. Also, if you have kids and this person is driving drunk or drinking near your home and acting out in any way that not ok around your kids... you should speak up too! Just my opinion though.

Quote:
Once again Joe-- you banged the nail right on the head!

My read---------------

Sometimes a person has to be satisfied just keeping their own life straight. Can't save everyone.

You know, what I'll give you this....

It was like one of those him or me options... and like women do, it was him!
tongue.gif

I am feeling much better today though. We're going to the fair this weekend, and that always gets me excited because my daughter is hoping around going over EVERYTHING she is going to do as soon as we get there.
hugs.gif
She's my world!

Back
Top Bottom