Need some advice!

happyhens

Songster
12 Years
Jan 30, 2007
KY
I have about 30 eggs in a LG bator, due next Saturday. I candled them all a few days ago and threw out all the clear ones that I could see, but there were a few green eggs that I couldn't see anything through. So I put them back in the bator, but now one of the eggs is stinkin... and I don't know which one! What should I do now? I am afraid to throw all the green eggs out because some of them may be alive, but OTOH if a rotten one breaks in there it could ruin a lot of my hatch. I have been sniffing at the bator to be sure that none of the green eggs were rotten, so I caught this one in the early stages of stink lol. It isn't terrible yet, but I certainly don't want it to get there!

I agree give each egg a sniff. The stinker will be easy to spot. Try candling them again in a pitch black room at night. That is the only way I can see inside green eggs.

I found the culprit and tossed it, man was it rotten! It smelled nasty. I hope it was the only one, all the other green ones smelled fine but I may have missed a clear brown egg. I will wait and see if the lingering rotten smell in the bator goes away. I would really rather not have to sniff all the eggs in there lol. That could take a while, and besides someone might see me sniffing the eggs! Haha

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom