Need Some Advice

khakicampbell

Hatching
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
Hello,

Just joined this forum to get some advice. I know it's for chickens, but maybe you guys can help
smile.png

We have two khaki campbell eggs in an incubator. They were supposed to hatch on day 28. It is now day 30 and 7+ hours. About 24 hours ago, we carefully put a small hole through the shell, but not the membrane, to have a look inside, fearing that it was not humid enough for them to hatch.

This one hadn't actually pipped, which we had thought, when we saw inside. We saw lots of movement (even the beak on the other side of the membrane moving), but there are still pink veins, so he's not ready. The membrane was fairly dry, so we're keeping it moist and the hole has been covered. He/she's still moving. There's movement in the other egg too, but it hasn't pipped either.

We know why they haven't hatched (we've had loads of problems; it's our first time
sad.png
), but we need to know what to do now, if anything.

As of now, we're just waiting for the little guys to pip and go from there. We're trying to get the humidity up, one of the problems, and the temp is steady at around 99'F. The humidity has been vasilating between 60-70%. I've read accounts where ducks and chickens have hatched many days after the estimated hatch date. It's just confusing, and we're not sure if we should do anything more or not
hmm.png

welcome-byc.gif

Hi, I don't know anything about hatching ducks, either, but I wish you lots of luck and welcome!!
fl.gif
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom