Need some clarification about ducks (first time)

That maybe a no no if you have wild birds visit your park. Ducky could be vulnerable to any disease they may carry. I have a mountain river down below me and besides predators snatching my birds I would be concerned about their exposure to things beyond my control. We have wild geese and wild ducks coming through here.

Even if it's just for when you are out there with him it would be a nice change for him. Get a little fence so you can sit and read while he's running around foraging.
I live
Even if it's just for when you are out there with him it would be a nice change for him. Get a little fence so you can sit and read while he's running around foraging.
i wish i had a yard. In my country if you had a yard you’re considered loaded with cash. Well i lived in an apartment and city center area So Ducky is not able to walk around unless it’s a park 😆

Hi everyone. Me & Ducky sincerely thank you all for your time reading & replying us. Your replies really help me alot in improving my care for the duck.
Here is his poop photo. Hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• 0FB4A71D-21B9-4BA2-AADC-EF3B78B038FF.jpeg
    0FB4A71D-21B9-4BA2-AADC-EF3B78B038FF.jpeg
    470.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 50C0A0A9-E60A-47C4-8134-BF170583B178.jpeg
    50C0A0A9-E60A-47C4-8134-BF170583B178.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 2
Has ducky been getting grit? Grit is very important for all birds since they haven’t teeth to chew they use grit to grind their food. All poultry have some of the weirdest poops always depending on what they eat. Drinking a lot of water because that’s what ducks do makes it watery too. Do you have a leash for ducky? Not sure in your country but there are places on line where you can buy leashes and diapers for poultry then if you decide to take ducky out you’d be able to keep him with you and keep any other animal from hurting him. Like loose dogs. May I ask why you chose a duck for a pet when you live in an apt? Is it common in your country?

Back
Top Bottom