Need some direction!

You can put it in there, but for the first few days spread it on the towels too...sorry not very good wording
hmm.png

As for the cold thing...we move them from the laundry room into the garage, then out to the coop...of course let them play outside in the daytime if not crummy weather. One year because we got chickies really late i moved the box from the garage into the coop, cut a chick sized door in one wall of it and hung a regular (probably 60W) light bulb above that at the same height the heat bulb had been in the garage. They eventually got bigger and stopped going in there so i got rid of it and they were on their own.

I always have a light in my coops...warms it up slightly in the winter even a regular bulb, and makes them want to lay for longer, i think i did 14hrs of light last winter...about 6am until 8pm when i put them away for the night...you could do more i guess but i didn't want to stress them out
smile.png
sleep is good...

They start around 20wks...depends on the breed, heavier ones wait a while longer than light ones.

Back
Top Bottom