1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Need some fertalized eggs for my broody Silkie! Chesapeake VA

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by violet1017, Oct 28, 2014.

1. violet1017

violet1017 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2013
    Virginia
    I was reading and multiple people said to go to trader Joe's to get fertilized eggs? Do they not refrigerate the eggs? I'd like to know if anyone from my area actually hatched eggs out that way? Also if anybody has fertilized eggs available in my area that would be great!

2. Sustained

Sustained Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Oregon
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...cery-store-egg-hatching-club-are-you-a-member

Lots of people on that thread are hatching store eggs. Many from Trader Joes. I've read that the eggs will actually say fertilized eggs on the carton although apparently not all Trader Joe locations have fertilized eggs. You can call your local one and ask them. And I've read lots of success stories of hatching those eggs. Good luck! :)

3. darkbluespace

darkbluespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Portland Oregon
    Have you looked on craigslist? That is where I find all my local eggs. I think only California and maybe Arizona TJs have fertile eggs, though some other grocery stores may have them, I haven't found any in Oregon : (

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by