Need some hatching buddies - Hatching May 24-28

Quote:
Cute!!!!

cynthia: I love those barnyard mixes...just hatched out 4 myself
big_smile.png

Quote:
Adorable Cynthia...I'm done for this season. Whooped...wore out...exhausted. Fun but needing some r and r!!

Same for me! I have 5 different ages going right now...my garage is a mess with chickens (4 different boxes/pens). Looking forward to next year when I can hatch my own and have MUCH less stress over them not hatching!
roll.png

On a side note, here are my speckled sussex and dominique from the first hatch on this thread. They are almost 5 weeks old...and almost ready to go out of the garage! This pic is a couple days old...
79085_ss4.jpg

Quote:
Love the colors! You are going to have fun watching these grow up..and up, and up. lol...really pretty.

Quote:
Adorable Cynthia...I'm done for this season. Whooped...wore out...exhausted. Fun but needing some r and r!!

Same for me! I have 5 different ages going right now...my garage is a mess with chickens (4 different boxes/pens). Looking forward to next year when I can hatch my own and have MUCH less stress over them not hatching!
roll.png

On a side note, here are my speckled sussex and dominique from the first hatch on this thread. They are almost 5 weeks old...and almost ready to go out of the garage! This pic is a couple days old...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/79085_ss4.jpg

Wow, they really are coming along..I have mine out running about with the big ones. Quick little stinks.
Yep Stevenson, you will be able to have your own eggs! Plus, you may get a broody, that would be fun.

I'm with you and fife..after these in my bators now, I'm done. I don't know what I'm going to do without little tiny tots around. They are so fun. Best put the bators out of sight.

Quote:
9 out of 11, not bad! And Faverolles' are cute..lots of puffy cheeks and muff going on. Good luck!

Quote:
9 out of 11, not bad! And Faverolles' are cute..lots of puffy cheeks and muff going on. Good luck!

Thanks, I had a power outage during the storms that messed things up. Otherwise I would have had 100%. I get to tell the breeder today what I got out of his eggs. My Faverolles are adorable when they hatch. I love the little muffss! They are such sweet birds. My suprise chick likes to cuddle under my chin and chirp away. Pretty pos its a she. I will know more when the chest feathers start coming in.
I will get pics taken tonight when I add the last 2 to the brooder. I had some issues with a goat kid and bloat yesterday so I didn't get any pictures. Now that Abby goat is better and hopefully through the critical stage I can relax and take pictures of chicks.

Glad to see everyone else is having good hatches.

Last edited:
Quote:

roll.png

I took my 4 wk olds out two days ago! They are in a coop alone..put the light on them when temps go low enough and doing fine! I had chicks in basement, chicks, in bathroom, 3 grouse eggs upstairs incubating,........it is crazy! I have chicks in basement now...and grouse upstairs and all the rest outside. Whewwwwwwww.

Your sussex and dominique look great...I had a dominique once....they are a very old breed I know.

Last edited:
Quote:
roll.png

I took my 4 wk olds out two days ago! They are in a coop alone..put the light on them when temps go low enough and doing fine! I had chicks in basement, chicks, in bathroom, 3 grouse eggs upstairs incubating,........it is crazy! I have chicks in basement now...and grouse upstairs and all the rest outside. Whewwwwwwww.

Your sussex and dominique look great...I had a dominique once....they are a very old breed I know.

Thanks! I believe that dominique are said to be America's first chicken breed, which is why decided to raise a couple. I like the idea of the breeds that have been around for a long time. I am that way with the vegetables I grow as well...heirloom all the way!

Back
Top Bottom