Need some help,bald quail..

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Hello,i am new to the quail scene and just got a bunch of a&m,court. And Tibetan quail. I have about 14 hens and 4 males. There all adults,when I first brought them home I had eggs galore for 3 days,now nothing. A lot of the cort.and a&m females are bald and look rough. I have also lost a fee females. I have recently separated the males to see if this calms them down. Should this help the feathers and eggs to start reproducing? I don't u understand how the Tibetan girls look great though..no misding feathers,just no eggs. I am feeding them game bird starter crumbles w/28% protien. Thank you.

Hello,i am new to the quail scene and just got a bunch of a&m,court. And Tibetan quail. I have about 14 hens and 4 males. There all adults,when I first brought them home I had eggs galore for 3 days,now nothing. A lot of the cort.and a&m females are bald and look rough. I have also lost a fee females. I have recently separated the males to see if this calms them down. Should this help the feathers and eggs to start reproducing? I don't u understand how the Tibetan girls look great though..no misding feathers,just no eggs. I am feeding them game bird starter crumbles w/28% protien. Thank you.

The baldness and messed up feathers on their backs is from mating. Some times the roos have their favorites. The eggs you got when you 1st got them was eggs that where already being made. They can and will stop laying at times of stress (moving to a new home is very stress full). Give them a week or 2 and they should start back up (could be sooner). Its a good idea to remove the roos for a while and let the hens recover. But its best if they can still see each other or the hens could attack the roos when you put them back together.

Ok,thank you. I separated the males last night. We shall see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom