Need some help...first ever chickens, having a health issue I cant find any info on.

kalabreanne

Hatching
7 Years
I have 4 chicks, 1 month old, give or take a few days. They are my first chickens. They're 2 RIR's, and 2 Dominiques.

One of my Dominiques flew onto my lap yesterday, and as I was petting her I noticed that her nostrils had something stuck to them. It looked like a bit of dirt so I went to take it off and it ended up being a scab - it appeared that if I would have peeled it off it would've taken part of her nostril with it.

She is still eating & drinking perfectly fine, and acting normally aside from the occasional sneeze. However I noticed today that her nostrils appear a bit swollen. Should I bring her into the vet, or wait it out and see if the problem clears up? Any remedies are welcome as well. Thanks in advance.

If she is acting normally, i would just keep an eye on here. A swollen nostril is not a symptom that is typically mentioned. i wonder if she got a bit of bedding lodged in there. If it looks red, make sure the other chicks are not pecking at it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom