Need some help on improvements for coop

Eglu Cube I have yet to put together. This will be put together and set up once my Brahmas get a bit older and are ready for it.
You’ll love it! We are very happy with our Omlet Products!!!— We’ve attached an outdoor run extension to our little flock of Faverolles & Orpingtons. Then, we have the Cube for our new Silkie babies…

Attachments

• 163B4DF6-FEB0-4ACB-9515-7D561D093252.jpeg
    163B4DF6-FEB0-4ACB-9515-7D561D093252.jpeg
    966.6 KB · Views: 9
  • A7FF812C-168E-428E-A47A-89D974C3D4B1.jpeg
    A7FF812C-168E-428E-A47A-89D974C3D4B1.jpeg
    889.5 KB · Views: 8
You’ll love it! We are very happy with our Omlet Products!!!— We’ve attached an outdoor run extension to our little flock of Faverolles & Orpingtons. Then, we have the Cube for our new Silkie babies…
I love the way your outdoor run extension looks. I am considering that for the future and it is really great to see how you have yours all set up.
Is that the 6’ perch that you have in that run?
Thank you for sharing those pictures. I really like the look of your Jubilee Orpingtons and the mix with the faverolles is a nice touch.

A guy that I work with was throwing out a old coop that he had made and offered to let me just take it off his hands. I had no prior experience raising chickens and thought it was as good of a time as any to start. The coop was rough to look at but I loaded it in the back of my truck and when I got it home I cleaned it off, added vertical boards on the outside for aesthetics, painted it, and bought a chicken door off Amazon that I installed. This was in June and I have been learning more as I read these posts that It may need more work or I may need to trash it and shop around. I already know that I need to add venting, but any ideas on how I should go about that? Also, should I try to add perches?
I am setting up another coop and run on my property but for that I bought an Eglu Cube from Omlet with a 13 foot run for that area. I have yet to set that one up and still have it sitting in boxes.
I am hoping to salvage the refurbished coop and avoid issues down the road. I do not want to spend what I spent on the Eglu Cube to replace it.
Your setup is much better than mine lol I completely understand with trying to salvage the coop that’s something I’d try first before shopping around or putting up another one I’m currently in the process of fixing up one that was damaged a bit in a wind storm the other we definitely had to replace as it was crushed to bits but chickens were fine thank goodness learning as I go to going to! going to see how it goes and if not then it’s looking 👀 I’ll go!

I love the way your outdoor run extension looks. I am considering that for the future and it is really great to see how you have yours all set up.
Is that the 6’ perch that you have in that run?
Thank you for sharing those pictures. I really like the look of your Jubilee Orpingtons and the mix with the faverolles is a nice touch.
Thanks so much! Yes, that’s the 6’ perch ♥️

Yup, this style of roof is called a monitor roof. So on both sides, replace the line green area with wire mesh for cross ventilation above the birds heads.

View attachment 2949405

OP you mentioned adding perches - does the coop not have roost bars? Where do the birds sleep now?
I have something similar to that as a temp coop that someone also gave to me and I added roosts in it. Three of my 5 use them, two lay in the bedding even though another roost bar is wide open for them to use. I did some winterizing and put a heavy blanket over it to ensure so drafts and there was zero condensation this am. Feeling goo about the deep temps coming for the next two days.

Back
Top Bottom