Need some help please, Roo or Hens?

thank you for your knowledge towards the sexlinks, do you or anyone else know a little more about what happens when the 2 sexlinks are bred together? at this point im just worried that i got all roo's and cant have any in my area so i was hoping to get a good indication towards what i have. I know that the obvious color traits do not apply for sexing these but would feathering or wattIle size/color still apply to these. Like i mentioned earlier the first two had the feathers much sooner than the third picture ( which i'm sure is a roo) and their wattles came in a week or two later as well. I really appreciate the feedback,

thank you for your knowledge towards the sexlinks, do you or anyone else know a little more about what happens when the 2 sexlinks are bred together? at this point im just worried that i got all roo's and cant have any in my area so i was hoping to get a good indication towards what i have. I know that the obvious color traits do not apply for sexing these but would feathering or wattIle size/color still apply to these. Like i mentioned earlier the first two had the feathers much sooner than the third picture ( which i'm sure is a roo) and their wattles came in a week or two later as well. I really appreciate the feedback,
Red combs by 10 weeks old always means cockerel. When two red sexlinks are bred together, you basically get random mixed breeds. You can't sex them by feathering or coloring. You have to wait and see how early those combs change color. What the chicks look like will largely depend on what breeds were used to make the parent sexlinks. Since you can produce red sexlinks by crossing any red/gold base color rooster with any silver base color hen, there are quite a few breed combinations that are possible.

1st one pullet, 2nd one I'm not to sure (if I had choose I'd say roo), and the 3rd one for sure a roo. Hope this helps!
smile.png

-ftfarmer22

Back
Top Bottom