Need some help please, *warning graphic pic*

Autumn2525

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
My silk silk butt looks swollen and protruding. I know she isn't egg bound, but went out to feed tonight and she was like this. She was fine yesterday and this morning. Any help would be appreciated.
PXL_20230317_065444708.jpg
btw she just got out of a 25 min Epsom salt bath as you can see in the pic.

Has she been pecked around her vent? Does she normally lay eggs? Have you inserted a clean or gloved finger into her vent an inch to check for an egg? Is she having and trouble with her crop emptying by early morning? Will she eat and drink for you?

Has she been pecked around her vent? Does she normally lay eggs? Have you inserted a clean or gloved finger into her vent an inch to check for an egg? Is she having and trouble with her crop emptying by early morning? Will she eat and drink for you?
She normally lays eggs , and yes we have and there is no egg inside of her . And no she not having any trouble with her crop. And she's eating and drinking just fine.

Make sure there are no maggots under the vent. She might have been vent pecked by others or herself. I would continue the soaks once a day for about 10-15 minutes. Then applying an antibiotic ointment may help her heal. Nustock cream is another option. Have you separated her?

Make sure there are no maggots under the vent. She might have been vent pecked by others or herself. I would continue the soaks once a day for about 10-15 minutes. Then applying an antibiotic ointment may help her heal. Nustock cream is another option. Have you separated her?
Yes we separated her, thank you for the help !

Update: she making noises like she constipated when she tries to use the bathroom. And there's no egg in inside of her

Try offering some small chunks of chilled coconut oil cut into small pieces, and offer them, up to 2 tsp a day. That or adding some olive oil to some egg or feed, can allow her to pass some droppings if she is constipated. If her vent has been pecked or damaged in some way, it may be hard for her to poop. Lubricate her vent inside and out. Make sure that she is drinking plenty of water. Does she have continuous drip page from her vent or a very bad odor?

Back
Top Bottom