Need some help please

RoosterCogburn6

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
My wife and I have a 3 yr old Indian Runner female. Saturday we were across the street visiting with the neighbors, when we saw the other neighbors golden retriever running around in our backyard chasing our ducks. I never saw the dog physically bite any of them, but i am thinking the female may have got stepped on. When i got over to her, she was laying down with her legs straight out behind her. she would try to get up, but instantly fall back down. I looked for cuts or blood, and examined her legs. Nothing appears to be broken or out of the ordinary. I placed her in the barn to rest. about an hr later she was out walking and eating and drinking and appeared to be normal. Now she is back to not walking or standing and she sits down with legs straight out behind her and she pants. What can I do for her? Is she going to be ok and walk again? Thank you for your time

My wife and I have a 3 yr old Indian Runner female. Saturday we were across the street visiting with the neighbors, when we saw the other neighbors golden retriever running around in our backyard chasing our ducks. I never saw the dog physically bite any of them, but i am thinking the female may have got stepped on. When i got over to her, she was laying down with her legs straight out behind her. she would try to get up, but instantly fall back down. I looked for cuts or blood, and examined her legs. Nothing appears to be broken or out of the ordinary. I placed her in the barn to rest. about an hr later she was out walking and eating and drinking and appeared to be normal. Now she is back to not walking or standing and she sits down with legs straight out behind her and she pants. What can I do for her? Is she going to be ok and walk again? Thank you for your time
She must have an injury you can't see could be along her back which is affecting her legs, ducks can injury them selves when being chased and if the dog stepped on her that could very well be the problems. give her a space where she can rest a few days not running around trying to keep up with everyone. time in a warm water even if you have to put her in the tub, let her float it takes pressure off any area thats injured and can help repair[ we call if water therapy. ]Did you check under all her feathers to make sure there are no wounds? Rest,water therapy and TLC will hopefully get her going again. also some good poultry vitamins in her drinking water just for some extra support would be good.

Thank you much! Yep checked her over good, no wounds. I am going to try everything you just said. Thank you very much

Thank you much! Yep checked her over good, no wounds. I am going to try everything you just said. Thank you very much
Please keep us updated and
welcome-byc.gif

Today she was standing up
thumbsup.gif
Good to see some progression. Got her some electrolytes and made sure she was secluded to rest more. I was so happy to see her stand. Hopefully tomorrow will be even more progression

Back
Top Bottom