need some help trying to determine if my EE is hen or rooster. help please

sassyone09

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 9, 2012
i recently lost my rooster due to a skunk. i went picked up a EE which i was told was a rooster. it is a little more than a year old. i've never herd it crow, and till i picked up this "rooster" i didn't get any green eggs for months when my other EE went missing. my head hen in the pen recently started to appear what i would call trying to mate my other hens if thats what you would call it which i had never seen before. so i went today and picked myself up a polish rooster knowing that it was a rooster of course. but when i put it in the coop. the new EE that i picked up week ago was very agressive to it. making me think once again that the EE was a rooster. any one have some hints to maybe how to tell? i dont have pic on here at moment but will work on getting one one first thing tomorrow.

sassyone09

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 9, 2012
thanks i did have time to look at it and it does appear to have the long pointy feathers by his tail. but how would i be getting green and blue eggs. i've had my hens for two years and after my last EE went missing didnt get any green eggs for months and now i am getting them again.

sassyone09

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 9, 2012
i did hatch but added none of them to my flock i'm going to try and add the picture now they arent the greatest tho

RainyChicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 29, 2012
Does the EE have hackle feathers? (Pointy, long feathers around the neck. Hens have round ones around their necks.)

sassyone09

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 9, 2012
i have had problems with my camera so i will take new ones after work when he's roosting and try again.

Top Bottom