need some help trying to determine if my EE is hen or rooster. help please

sassyone09

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 9, 2012
i recently lost my rooster due to a skunk. i went picked up a EE which i was told was a rooster. it is a little more than a year old. i've never herd it crow, and till i picked up this "rooster" i didn't get any green eggs for months when my other EE went missing. my head hen in the pen recently started to appear what i would call trying to mate my other hens if thats what you would call it which i had never seen before. so i went today and picked myself up a polish rooster knowing that it was a rooster of course. but when i put it in the coop. the new EE that i picked up week ago was very agressive to it. making me think once again that the EE was a rooster. any one have some hints to maybe how to tell? i dont have pic on here at moment but will work on getting one one first thing tomorrow.

thanks i did have time to look at it and it does appear to have the long pointy feathers by his tail. but how would i be getting green and blue eggs. i've had my hens for two years and after my last EE went missing didnt get any green eggs for months and now i am getting them again.

i did hatch but added none of them to my flock i'm going to try and add the picture now they arent the greatest tho

Does the EE have hackle feathers? (Pointy, long feathers around the neck. Hens have round ones around their necks.)

i have had problems with my camera so i will take new ones after work when he's roosting and try again.

Back
Top Bottom