Need some help with canning recipes

missred871

Eggxhausted Momma
9 Years
May 5, 2010
Perry GA
I know there is a canning topic already but I specifically need some recipes for the following:

Blueberry jelly and/or jam
Blackberry jelly and/or jam
canning recipes anything will work I am looking for variety with these:
cucumber
squash? can you even can that? I mean we freeze it but I would like to can it if anyone has a recipe
tomato I know there are many ways to can these, we usually just can em straight anyone have a good recipe for them though?

watermelon jelly or jam? is that insane?

all are welcome we have an avid garden this year but not sure really that some of it can be canned lol.

The blueberry and blackberry jam recipes are good right from the Sure Jel pectin package, those are the ones I use. I use the Sure Jel in the pink box, which allows you to use less sugar so the Jam isn't so sickeningly sweet.

Last year, our tomatoes never turned off red, so after many a "fried green tomato night", I made a bunch of green tomato jelly. I also made zucchinni jelly last year! The kids love it, so I know now what to do with the "extra" zucchinni we have every year!! I am wondering if anybody does any jelly/jam with mulberries??? I have found several trees and hate for all them berries to go to waste! I obviously don't have much waste around here!! hehe Let me know if you are interested in the recipes! Would be more than happy to share!!

they were talking about canning mulberries on the canning thread visit that thread and offer your recipe

Back
Top Bottom