need some help with sex think it is pollish chick

little blue

Chillin' with my Orps
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
Mansfield, CT
we only have this little one traded one of my 8 week old roos for him when he was 2 days old any guesses on sex or if i have the right breed.it is real pretty.
62815_roo_012.jpg

62815_roo_022.jpg

thanks for any help you can give
big_smile.png

I am not an expert but it definitely is a Polish. A golden laced polish to be exact. I have seen lots of pictures... I had a lotta people say mine was a Roo then 2 people gave me hope it may be a girl because there roo looked different. Then I found 1 that looked almost identicle to mine and its a hen....

I would guess female if I was basing it from mine. Here is a picture of mine:

_MG_4937.jpg

_MG_4940.jpg

_MG_4963.jpg

And here is the website where I found a hen that looks like mine, you can see the Roo too... (scroll down to golden laced polish) most have a slicked back crest but 1 of them has the crazier crest...

http://www.cacklehatchery.com/polishpage.html

Quote:
Your Polish looks like a roo...?
hide.gif
In the bottom pic it sure looks like saddle feathers.
hmm.png
Also the head feathers are pointy on the ends, not fluffy and rounded. I think that both of you might have roos.

sad.png

Shelly

I also think both of you have roos. Females have a much neater, almost tennis ball shaped crest, while males have the crazy all over crest. Either way, they are gorgeous birds!!

Quote:
LOL I was convinced it was a male and even have it as a roo on my signature but then 2 people said it may be a girl and showed pics of there males and I dont think mine could possible turn into looking anything like the golden laced polish roosters I have seen. BUT I could be wrong of course. haha

Then on the cackle hatchery link i posted, if you scroll down to the goldens there is a hen that looks like mine. I think...... I am a total newbie at this though so I dont know anything about saddle feathers or streamers or any of that so I dont know what to look for other then there comb and so I compare to others usually...

If it is a Roo when do you think it would start crowing? Would you say mine looks to be around 2 months old? I got "it" June 9th and it was a chick but I dont know how old. Here is a picture of it a little after I got it on June 9th...

golden1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Give it about another 2 months or so. Our WC Chocolate started crowing last week and he is about 4-5 months. He sounded so pitiful at first, but it getting the hang of it now!

I have one that had a great uniform puff hat then one day I went out and it had fallen foward into the rocker look! He was like 3months when that happend. Here he is now. I have to sell him, cant have a roo!
hit.gif

Time will tell!

Here he is a little younger.

21380_img_2503.jpg

21380_img_3094.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom