Need some Help with the New Ducklings..

pekinduck<3er

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
Florida the Sunshine Spot!
Well..Everything is fine..except one of my Ducklings had bubbles coming about of her nose...Is something very wrong!?
fl.gif
And when she shook her head when we picked her up she slunged kind of goey food that had come from her mouth..Help?

those aren't really good signs the bubble thing doesn't sound to bad that is most likely mucus but the second part sounds interesting let's see what other say
pop.gif

Well..Everything is fine..except one of my Ducklings had bubbles coming about of her nose...Is something very wrong!?
fl.gif
And when she shook her head when we picked her up she slunged kind of goey food that had come from her mouth..Help?
Do your ducklings have water deep enough to clean out their nares? they need to be able to dunk their heads to clean eyes and nares.

The little black one is Ebony..And the Yellow one is Sunny..Black Swedish and Buff duck.. The Black one is the one who is having these so-called 'problems'.. Hoping they're aren't aren't really problems..

The little black one is Ebony..And the Yellow one is Sunny..Black Swedish and Buff duck.. The Black one is the one who is having these so-called 'problems'.. Hoping they're aren't aren't really problems..
Aww they are precious, the gooey food happens even with adult ducks when picked up. Try getting some poultry vitamins and add to their water, ducklings can get stressed out from being in a new enviroment to being handled, and hopefully if it's either of those they will get over them quickly. just keep a close eye on them making sure they are warm enough but not too warm and have clean dry bedding and quality food. and hopefully this isn't something to be too concerned about. If it keep happening [bubbles] then post back or maybe a vet visit.Did you just get them shipped?

Last edited:
Oh Good
th.gif
I'm relieved...Haha Yah, just got them today from Metzer Farms...
big_smile.png
Will Do! Thanks Everyone!
Shipping is very stressful, try to give them some quiet time so they can get adjusted, I know when they are so tiny and cute its just so nice to be able to pick them up and want to cuddle them but it may be too much all at once, try just being with them just sitting next to then talking quietly to them and just being there. They will get use to you and their surrounding fast enough, also try not to put them where there is alot of activity going on right now being so new they really need peace and quiet, just like mama duck would be giving them if she had them. I find when my mama ducks have ducklings for the first 2-3 days she keeps them close by and under her giving them a chance to gain strength before bringing them out into the world, now you are mama duck. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom