Need some help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by crzychicken, Mar 22, 2009.

1. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    My friend just got some new chickens from her brother and a new roo all was well until this morning and the new roo beat the old roo up lots of blood and he's just roosting keeping very still and quit is there something she can give him she said he don't look to good. She said she was going to put organic ACV in the water maybe give him a boost
    Thank you

2. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    Sad situation, and I can't help. Hopefully someone else knows. We took several days to add a new roo. They fought, we separated them, tried again, separated them again, till finally several days later, they got it all sorted out. The new roo is dominate. Hope he gets better.[​IMG]

3. Chihuahuamom

Chihuahuamom Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2008
    Take it from me, you're gonna get all kinds of advice and most will be to kill the new rooster, I Wouldn't do it, but that's what they're gonna tell ya![​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  4. crzychicken

crzychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    she has 2 coops and kinda thought they would each have their own she new they would still fight but didn't think this bad they free range

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by