Need some help,

Cornishcross

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 11, 2011
Hey everyone, we own a farm about 45 minutes from my house, and it hasnt been in operation in years, well i was wondering if i built good enough coop, away from predators, and have all the heat lamps and everything if it would be ok to leave them for 2 days at a time as long as they have food and water, becuase im still in school and it would be hard to get there everyday

You could do that, but they will be better off with daily care.
I have left them with food and water for 1 week. In the winter they will drink JUST snow, it works perfect!
Oh and depending on the breed they don't need a heat lamp.
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok thank you, im planning on keep them at the house for 2 or 3 weeks then moving them up to the main farm, thank you, you think that would be ok with pheasents and other birds, such as turkey and chickens?

Ok. I don't know much about chickens, but it is fine with gamebirds.
If they have access to snow, they can just eat that for their wanter.
smile.png

Quote:
Pretty much the only breed that doesn't need a heat lamp are bob whites, you can start out with them if you do your homework on them. And trust me when I say do your homework on bobs do it on bobs! Not school
tongue.png

Quote:
Pretty much the only breed that doesn't need a heat lamp are bob whites, you can start out with them if you do your homework on them. And trust me when I say do your homework on bobs do it on bobs! Not school
tongue.png

Kid, I have several types of quail in an open air building...it does get into the teens here with a negative windchill factor...and none of them need a heat lamp. Been doing it for years.

Cornishcross If you don't have any more time than every few days to check on animals in YOUR care...get a fish.

Quote:
tongue.png

Kid, I have several types of quail in an open air building...it does get into the teens here with a negative windchill factor...and none of them need a heat lamp. Been doing it for years.

Cornishcross If you don't have any more time than every few days to check on animals in YOUR care...get a fish.

How warm does it get in the day, you could live in one of those desert type things where it's 110 in the day and 10 at night

Back
Top Bottom