Need some idea`s

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by henney penny, Sep 20, 2010.

1. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    The small coop houses my silkies,I need to make it bigger,I can`t stand up in it (it was grandaughter play house)so it needs to be 2 ft taller and mayber 4 ft wider or longer.I want to keep it because it was the girls,so any suggestions on how to do this or picutures would be good of any additions you have done to your coop that would work for me with this little one. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. midget_farms

midget_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Dunlap Illinois
    There is no real easy way to do this.

The 'best' way would be to remove the rafters & build an extension on the walls to make them taller, but if not done correctly could make them weak & they may fail in a wind storm.

You could just build a bigger shed on the back side of this one & have them attached. That is probably the easiest.

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    I don't know how to make your coop taller but I do have to say you have a beautiful set up! I agree with midget_farms though, you could add on to the back to make it longer.

4. carrlr

carrlr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Southern Illinois
    No suggestions, but I wanted to say that's an awesome set-up. [​IMG]

5. animalover

animalover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    Harrisburg, PA
    Wow, you actually have grass in your run!

6. muddypuddles

muddypuddles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Quote:I was thinking that adding onto the bottom would be easier. I have the same problem but am just too lazy to do anything about it [​IMG] I'd really like to know what you decide to do. Beautiful set-up by the way

7. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    Animal lover I have two runs for the big girls,this was my first year at having two and was going to rotate them so they would always have green grass and it worked out great,the little one is the silkies and they are easy on the grass and there is 10 of them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by