Need some life advice

chilling in muscadine

{ I love being disfunctual }
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
muscadine, al.
Have you ever had a week+ a couple of days where you felt like you have been chewed up and spit out, thrown to the wolves, beat down and also kicked why you were down and why lying there wondered why you should get up? If so I would love to hear any positive suggestions how you made it through the ordeal. I guess you can tell I have had a bad week.
hit.gif

BTW, getting up and dusting myself off isnt working.

Last edited:
" Our own heart, and not other men's opinion, forms our true honor " Samuel Taylor Coleridge

" The eyes of the Lord preserve knowledge, and He overthroweth the words of the transgressor. " Proverbs 22:12

The beginning of anxiety is the end of Faith.

hugs.gif
Micah

Well first off.. you must realize that this too shall pass... and tomorrow is a new day.

Second: if you let whatever happened control you - then it/they win - so dont let it/they have that control.

Third: You can come here, just as you did...and let us lift you up.

smile.png

hugs.gif
to you my friend... Momma said there'd be days like these... and the sun will come out tomorrow...
wink.png

I was in the same boat for a while there. You have to take it one step at a time. One of my favorite diversions is cooking though...

I do 90% of the cooking in our household and from a member here on BYC have been inspired to start making breads, biscuits etc. The houseful of kids love it so far
tongue.png

When I cook my Chili, not so much!

I'm sorry you are feeling down! I have felt this way, and it is very hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes. I found that just doing what I want, wether it be sleeping, not cleaning the house, going on a drive in the country with some kickin music, or just sitting with my chickens helps me the most. I figure the world is not going to end if my house is dirty, or if I sleep in. Sometimes it needs to be about you and nothing else. Reading a trashy romance novel helps too!!
hide.gif

I hope you get to feeling better soon! If you need to talk, just Pm me!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Spend a few days focusing on taking care of yourself -- YOU will feel better because at least someone (you) is taking care of your needs. Clean up around your house, get some things in order, read a book you want to read, get a nice haircut, finish a project that needs to be done for YOU no matter how small, say "NO" a few times to other's requests, and tell the others they can fix their own meals, drive themselves places, etc etc. I promise you, you'll feel good again. Doing this brings your mental energy back to YOUR center, rather than getting sucked up in other' people's vibes or opinions.

Last edited:
If there weren't any bad days then how would you know what the good ones were?
hugs.gif
Hang it there. The good days are coming.

Last edited:
Weather changes or hormones can really do that to me! I understand.

Seriously, pure chocolate (like hersheys bars) can help with the mood for short term improvements. Used to help me with anxiety attacks in college.

A change of scenery or pace may help. This week I'm out of state visiting family which is helping to pull me out of a funk.

Maybe go find some classes to take, create a new thing to do--walking the track/neighborhood, starting to knit, volunteering.

chilling,
Sometimes we only make it through life by taking it one hour or even one minute at a time. The ONLY factor in life with in our control is our reaction/response to what happens. The simple truth for me is that sometimes I "fake it until I feel it". By that I mean I pretend to be in a better place mentally or emotionally than the one I am actually in. I "act as if". Then gradually even if it is only for a moment I begin to truly feel the way I am wanting to reach. Generally at first the feelings are fleeting & ephemeral but over the long haul it gets better. And I do mean the long haul. I've never found a quick fix but I have learned that I can live through most anything one moment at a time. I f you have a faith or a belief in a higher power that can help you make it through the difficult times. In my experience that is all we can do is get through it. I don't know if this really will help you or not. I hope your troubles end sooner than you expect them to & in an unexpectedly good outcome. Hang in there we're all pulling for you.

You are not alone - I have been in hell since the day after superbowl sunday. 39 yr old cousin - confident and good friend diagnosed stage 4 pancreatic cancer also the house I have been making payments on for 16 yrs is headed into foreclosure. I just keep trying to remember That these must be lessons I need to learn or the good lord wouldn't be sending them to me. I am simply a mere human not allowed to see the big puicture of HIS plan. Hang in there YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom