need some re assurance on Wazine

ladybug99

Songster
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Monroe New Jersey
Well the ladies have worms...I have never delt with worms.... so off the the fed store I go and all they have in Wazine 17. I Follow the instructions.. one ounce per gallon. That was yesterday... I am leaving the water there for 24 hours then I take it away and replace with fresh non treated water....and after 14 days I do this again???? I am just looking for some re assurance. The girls are a bit "quiet" today and the wormer seems to be working as I have found some pretty gross piles of poo in the coop. They seem to be eating and drinking normally....there is just not a lot of chicken drama happening today

Is it normal for them to be quiet???

Patty

Thanks Red Rooster....
yippiechickie.gif

Instead of following up 10-14 days later with wazine, treat them with a broad spectrum wormer such as Safeguard liquid goat wormer or Valbazen. Chickens carry different types of worms, wazine only gets rid of large roundworms whereas the safeguard and valbazen kills many types of worms.

Ok I have seen Safe guard in the feed store... I will try that after the 14 days... Are there directions for chickens or am I going to have to wing it my self??? I don't want to over dose them on wormer medicine....but do want to get rid of the worms. .. Thanks for the advice

Quote:
The safeguard liquid goat wormer is adminstered orally. Dosage is 1cc for giants, 3/4cc for large fowl, 1/2cc for standars and 1/4cc for smaller birds. Repeat dosing again in 10 days. There is a 14 day withdrawal after the last dosing. (24 days total.)

I found the safe guard and will be worming them with that ... they haven't laid any eggs since the end of August.. so with this bunch of ladies I am not having egg withdrawl. Thanks for all the advice... I did notice my post was posted several times... have no clue how thaT t happened :)

Back
Top Bottom