Need some support

Quote:
Well I would be if there are odds I'd get at least four hens. Maybe if I did 8 chicks and crossed my fingers that at least four turn out to be hens I could find someone interested in the roosters. What do you think? I can house up to six birds in my coop but my neighbors wouldn't be happy if they are roosters.
smile.png

I looked up the Brahams and they are adorable!

The first book that you read might not be the best written, but the next book might be quite memorable.

Suzy

yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I did really get to know the farm where I got them. They are shocked by what is happening. Said they went away a few days and came back to two dead birds and it's taken off from there. I just want a fresh start. I think Chicks are the way to go for us.
smile.png

Ah, well unfortunately accidents happen. I bought a bird from a breeder who KNEW he had a serious disease. The bird got sick, and it was a terrible situation that risked the well being of my entire flock. I only buy from friends now. Chicks are great. You could buy eggs too. Most diseases don't transmit through the egg, though there are a few rare ones. Good luck with your chicks! Get some funky breeds, they make wonderful living lawn art.
big_smile.png

We got our first day-olds from Agway. Bought 9, 1 passed the first day, 1 turned out to be a mean Roo (BTW he was sold as straight run chick) The rest are healty, and happily producing lots of yummy eggs with very little work from me. CHOOKS ARE GREAT!!@!!!!

mrsgibber, what a rotten trick for some chicken seller to pull on a beginner who could not readily spot sick chickens. I suggest your buying/borrowing/ or renting an incubator, deciding what breed(s) you want and who on BYC you want to buy your eggs from. Raise them from eggs; you'll really be attached and appreciate them from then on. What's a few months of raising YOUR chickens.

Quote:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This exactly!!!

Once you have them you won't be able to imagine life without them. Even when the odd once gets sick, you still know that it such a great thing.

Also you get so used to the taste of "real" eggs you can't imagin ever eating a store bought one ever again.

Back
Top Bottom